Anti aging products are bringing in over 122 billion dollars annually, it’s a huge market filled with many different products to combat the effects of aging. While some, such as Botox have proven to be successful, there are those who don’t want to deal with injections and the discomfort that can accompany them. For these people, it’s important to know what ingredients work, so they can make an informed decision before they make a purchase.
Ingredients to Look for in Anti Aging Products
- Retinal. As people age, collagen in the skin breaks down. The skin loses elasticity. Retinal slows the breakdown of collagen, and helps prevent wrinkles and sagging skin. It helps the skin retain elasticity.
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C is another ingredient that helps keep collagen in good shape. It also helps to keep free radicals from causing damage to the skin. Free radicals are not friendly towards the skin. They damage living skin cells through a process called oxidation. Vitamin C helps to neutralize these free radicals so they can no longer cause damage.
- Peptides. Peptides are able to send signals to the cells. This allows peptides the ability to provide anti aging help.
Other Anti Aging Skin Care Tips
- Be gentle with the skin when washing and drying. Never rub the skin with a towel, instead pat with the towel to dry your face. When washing the face don’t pull or tug at the skin.
- Drink water. Skin won’t look it’s best when it’s not hydrated. Water helps to provide nutrients to the skin. Water also helps increase the elasticity in the skin, making it look healthier.
- Moisturize. The skin on the face, and the entire body needs moisturizer, even more so as you age. Wash and exfoliate before moisturizing for even better results.
Keep the above tips and hints in mind and you’ll likely notice a big difference in the way the skin looks. Search for products such as, South Beach Skin Care Lifecell, that has the products skin craves and needs. Also drink plenty of water, be kind to your skin, and never treat it roughly, and finally, don’t skip the moisturizer.